Friday 10 October 2014

Competences and Capabilities

From identifying what is expected of me within my professional practice, I was then able to decide what categories I feel most able and which I need to gain further knowledge.

Competences and Capabilities

  • Maintaining Technique
  • Personally Correcting 
  • Learning Choreography
  • Remembering Choreography
  • Applying Corrections
  • Supporting Colleagues
  • Time Organisation
I feel confident in my abilities of the above subjects. Many of which I have been working on throughout my vocational training with the constant advise given to me by teachers and classmates. These parts of my training, although may not have seemed so important at the time, having become vital for my successes in my dancing career so far, however small this may be.

Lacking Qualities

  • Maintaining Physique
  • Injury Prevention
Although I do feel have some knowledge in these areas, and neither I have particularly struggled with throughout my time in training or as professional dancer. I do believe there it an absolute importance in these topics within the dancing profession of which not enough information is given. Knowing what the correct nutritional values are in certain foods, and from this what is beneficial to a dancer in order to be able to perform the to best of their ability as well as improve, is something I have a great interest in. Injury prevention is also often ignored and we are taught more how to do with an injury once it has occurred. More attention to this aspect in terms of how to look after your body correctly, also related to nutritional values is a topic I feel will not only improve my current professional practice but also by very beneficial for my future goal as a nutritional adviser for training and professional dancers, once my own dancing career has finished.

I am intrigued what 
others within the same practice as myself believe to be the most important aspects to be knowledgeable in to better there career and will be making an appropriate survey to follow.




2 comments:

  1. Injury Prevention has been an interesting topic other people have inquired about. I think it is really important and can make an interesting topic to look into. Dance UK has a great web-site called "healthy Dancer' have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your areas of interest Bernie. As Adesola has suggested - now it is good to see what others have said on the subjects you are interested in. Last night at the group session asked questions about the module - see these shared on my blog.

    ReplyDelete